I’ve been told I should blog more. And I would like to blog more. It’s just that I don’t want to over commit myself and I don’t want to just ramble about utter bollocks, good at that though I may be.
So I thought I might try for a once a month, month in review, what I did this month, what I accomplished this month, monthly blog. Published kinda monthly. At the end of the month. After I have done the things in the month. (That word has now lost all meaning to you. You’re welcome.)
So January. A new year. A new start. A beginning. A wiping of the slate. A reset.
Yeah. Cool cool.
I do have some “goals” for this year. I don’t like the term “New Year’s Resolution”, but I do have some things I want to achieve this year. There’s some big things, and some relatively little things. Some I’ve actually achieved this month, yay me, huzzah verily.
So what did I do in January that’s noteworthy, mildly interesting, of no consequence whatsoever:
- With my parents’ help, I deforested some of the front garden (required purchasing a chainsaw, but you always need a chainsaw on hand for the upcoming zombie apocalypse). This has increased the light into my bedroom – step 1 of “Turn bedroom into an oasis” project. It also means that the movement of the shrubbery in the wind doesn’t wake me up in the middle of the night in a mild panic that Cthulhu is trying to get in my windows. Bonus!
- I finished reading the Harry Potter books and watched all the films. Yes, I’m very many years behind pop culture, and I only started reading the books as part of an agreement with a friend that she fill one of her cultural gaps by watching Star Wars. How am I friends with this person who hadn’t watched any Star Wars until late last year? How was she friends with someone who hadn’t read HP until late last year? A mystery for the ages.
- I enjoyed an amazing night out with friends starting with cronuts at Whisk, a trip to Cat Café, chocolate wonderfulness at San Churros, hanging out at a friend’s with cats and dogs, a late night Maccas run and finding a tub of Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food. I’m not sure which part of it I enjoyed more…
- I finally got my tax return done and treated myself to a set of hard cover HP books which should be arriving in the next week or so.
- I finally got the cats vaccinated. My three are generally very healthy which is just as well as they were a little neglected (check up and vaccinations wise) while I had such big vet expenses with Tia. Now I can get all three of my cats up to date and fully checked out. The verdict: great condition, don’t change anything, wonderful cats. Aww, thanks Mr Vet. Step 1 of another project done.
- I went out somewhere new and met new people. It was mildly terrifying but also very rewarding. I really felt like I had met “my people”. Don’t get me wrong, I love my friends, but it was great to meet new people and feel so wonderfully accepted straight away. It has really helped me to be more accepting of myself as well. Alright, enough of that. Next!
- I completed a cross stitch! I’ve got a list of small projects to do this year alongside the BAPs (big arse projects) so I can get that sense of accomplishment throughout the year, and I finished the first one this month. Yay me etc etc!
- I took some time off work at the end of the month with the intention of decluttering various areas of the house. Unfortunately, an injured back derailed my plans. And how did I injure my back, you were probably not wondering? I was moving my new mattress. What new mattress? The new one that went into my completely refurnished bedroom. Which was step 2 of “Turn bedroom into an oasis” project. With so much thanks to my loyal and wonderful friends who sacrificed a Saturday to lug furniture and battle Ikea instructions.
Phew. I certainly started the year with a bang, and I can tell you looking at the calendar for February, it only keeps going.
Let’s see if I can remember to do another post in 4 weeks!